Every week we meet incredible business owners who have a substantial track record, but they are punted off of their processing platform simply because they're in the...
On June 29, 2007 the first iPhone was released and it wouldn't be an overstatement to say that that event changed the world. Today over 3.5 billion people on the planet communicate, receive information and conduct business using their cell phone. It has revolutionized the way people live.
Canada has been a big part of this revolution with over 31 million Canadians (in a country of 37.5 million people total) use a smartphone. And the number one use for a smartphone is text messaging. Here are some Canadian stats:
- 88.1% of all Canadians own a smartphone
- 56.1% of all Canadians check their smartphone as the last act before bed
- 45.4% of all Canadians check their smartphone at least every 30 minutes
- 53.6% of all Canadians check their smartphone while watching television
- 98% of text messages are opened within three minutes of being sent
SMARTPHONE USE (ADDITIONAL DEMOGRAPHICS)